The Fort Plain Museum’s annual holiday event, Christmas at the Fort, will be held on Saturday, December 8, 2018 from 10 am to 4 pm and is free admission. This event is held at the museum, located at 389 Canal Street, Fort Plain, NY 13339. This is a great opportunity to visit with family and friends, and to enjoy the holiday season in a historic environment.
The museum is decorated for the holiday season and refreshments will be served. The forthcoming book, “George Washington and the Mohawk Frontier” by museum Chairman, Norm Bollen will be available for the first time. There will be live colonial Christmas music by the Liaisons Plaisantes, a local author book fair and signing, holiday shopping, and free tours of the museum. The gift shop is stocked with the latest titles on the American Revolution, Mohawk Valley and local/NYS history, and a variety of colonial toys and games.
- The Liaisons Plaisantes, who specialize in 18th century music, will be playing colonial Christmas music from 1 to 2 pm.
- We will also have copies of their “A Plaisantes Christmas” CD for sale in the gift shop.
New to this year’s event is a local authors book fair and signing. This portion of the event is from 11 am to 3 pm. The following authors will be signing their book(s):
- New released, George Washington and the Mohawk Frontier by Norman J. Bollen
- The Home Voices Speak Louder Than the Drums: Dreams and the Imagination in Civil War Letters and Memoirs by Wanda Easter Burch
- A variety of Mohawk Valley/American Revolution history books by James F. Morrison
- The Trail of the Wild Flowers Parts I & II – Lucy Ladd Stratton by Sandy Nellis Lane
- War on the Middleline: The Founding of a Community in the Kayaderosseras Patent In the Midst of the American Revolution by James E Richmond
- Crucible Along the Mohawk by Johnny T Rockenstire
- Whispers of Liberty and many more by Heidi Sprouse
The Fort Plain Museum thanks everyone for their generous support and we wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday season.